'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Wednesday 30 May 2012

A CONSTRUCTIVE DAY

I've had a really good, constructive day! It started off pretty slowly with a run with Bo, breakfast and a cup of tea. It took a while to get going, so I read Varoom, felt a bit of a failure and very unprofessional, so I started on my own work. Set myself a goal of nailing a story I was working on and I did it! I stayed late and did a whole set of thumbs and here's one of them... this is a rough but I love the colours....I'm really enjoying doing my own work and only having to please me, and not being so commercial is lovely. So back to it tomorrow and then to proper work next week, starting with some work with Oxford Uni Press. I'm also working with Mike Wilson, from UCF, on some dark Breton fairytales for a book he's translating from Breton into French into English. I will post some pics when I get into work. They're looking dark and mysterious at least! Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment