'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Sunday 31 October 2010

I went to see a couple of shows recently..






I went to the Millenium Gallery in St Ives and saw Marcel Hansellar. It was a brief but great show. I am not so keen on the more explicit work, as it interferes with the pleasure of my eyes resting on the work. It makes my mind go on overdrive when I just want to sink into the painting. But anyway here's some of it and the beautiful colours!..A show I missed there back in July was Joy Wolfenden Brown. Her work is so intimate and soft but so strong. Very inspiring!. Thank you Millenium! I popped in to see my amazing friend Faye, who has a studio at Trewidden Studios in Penzance. It was lovely to see where she works as she's a hugely inspiring friend, artist and mother. Go see her work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment