'The place where inspiration hits the page running... A sketchbook to fail and reflect on my work and my process'

Tuesday 19 May 2009

...wos on


... well my first blog ever...so watch this space and when I get a few moments I will add some more exciting stuff... I've just finished my current book...I've had the proof back and it looks ok. this is one image from it. 
I am collaborating with four friends this year for an exhibition here in Cornwall. We are called hi5 and hope to find an empty shop somewhere in St Ives in Sept, in conjunction with the St Ives festival. 
I have recently been to the Lemon Street Gallery where Anna Gardiner is exhibiting. Really lovely paintings with loads of texture and really good variation in size and pretty impressive prices! http://www.lemonstreetgallery.co.uk/anna-gardiner-exhibition.asp
I'm off to Edinburgh Book festival in August to do a workshop and sign some books etc which is exciting...
I have just finished working with a couple of singer / songwriters... one being Benjamin Winter. ...providing him with artwork for his album out in Sept 09.
the other being Angus Stone and his new venture as Lady Of the Sunshine. Producing artwork for the album leaflet.

Continuing to do commissions for locals and constantly getting emails from the website for commissions and just advice on the world of being an illustrator.

...but for now that's it and should do some work! cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment